Entrepreneurship and New Business
BSB40320 Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business
This course is designed to provide candidates with the skills and knowledge to establish business networks, establish legal and risk management requirements in small business, address customer needs, plan small business finance, report financial activity, market small business, undertake small business planning, undertake project work, and monitor and manage small business operations
Nationally Recognised Code & Title
BSB42618 Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business.
- Basic Language, literacy and numeracy skills in English (LLN)
- Victorian Student Number (VSN) – Victoria only:
VSNs are issued to all students enrolled in Victorian schools and to students enrolled at a TAFE or in an accredited course with an RTO. For a copy of your VSN please contact your current school 0r call 1800 822 635.
- Unique Student Identifier (USI) – Australia wide:
A USI is a reference number made up of numbers and letters. It creates a secure online record of your nationally recognised training that you can access anytime and anywhere, and it’s yours for life. To receive a Statement of Attainment when completing your course, you will need to give us a copy your USI number. Creating a USI is free. To obtain this USI if you don’t already have one please follow the link below: http://www.usi.gov.au
- Mac OSX v5 or higher (Mac OSX v10.6 recommended)
- 1 Ghz or faster processer (2GHz recommended)
- Computing: You will need access to a computer with Webcam and the internet and have basic computing
Minimum specifications for your computer are:
- Google Chrome windows browser is a must
- Microsoft Office 2010 or equivalent
- Broadband internet connection
- 2GB of RAM
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- Adobe Reader XI or equivalent
- Adobe Flash Player 10 or
- Access to printer and associated software
- Access to scanner and associated software
- Digital imaging software
- File compression software. Windows users:
Microsoft Windows 7 or higher (Windows 8 recommended)
- 1 Ghz or faster processor (2GHz recommended) Mac OS users:
- Equipment: You will need access to a digital video recording device and/or a digital camera and associated software to save and upload video, audio and image files to OpenSpace. Many mobile phones and smart phones include this technology.You will also need access to software to view online videos and images. Software such as Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer etc are available as a download from the internet. Some assessments include a component for students to record a video. The requirements for these videos vary, depending on the assessment. If you are unable to conduct these in the workplace, if this is a requirement of the assessment, you have the option of engaging with friends, family and other students to record this via other means, such as Skype.
Course Delivery Method
Online: approximately 1 year
$4,750 per candidate.
Our support staff are available to students and potential students who require support.
- Multiple choice and short answer assessment questions.
- Report writing and planning.
The course covers in theory and practice:
- Develop and maintain business networks.
- Establish and maintain business relationships.
- Promote the relationship.
- Identify and implement business legal documents.
- Comply with legislation codes and regulatory requirements.
- Negotiate and arrange contracts.
- Advise on customer service needs.
- Support implementation of customer service strategies.
- Evaluate and report on customer service.
- Assist customers to articulate needs.
- Satisfy customers’ complex needs.
- Manage networks to ensure customer needs are addressed.
- Identify costs, calculate prices and prepare profit statement.
- Develop a financial plan.
- Acquire finance.
- Compile financial information and data.
- Prepare statutory requirement reports.
- Provide financial business recommendations.
- Develop marketing strategies.
- Determine a marketing mix for the business.
- Implement marketing strategies.
- Monitor and improve marketing performance.
- Identify elements of the business plan.
- Develop a business plan.
- Develop strategies for minimising risks.
- Define project.
- Develop project plan.
- Administer and monitor project.
- Finalise project.
- Review project.
- Develop operational strategies and procedures
- Implement operational strategies and procedures.
- Monitor business performance.
- Maintain networks.
Review business operations.
Contact our office regards to training in your state.
Downloadable Info Sheet
Click here to download.
How to Enrol
Begin the enrollment process by clicking on the Enrol Now button below.