This course, BSB42615 Certificate IV in New Small Business, is designed to provide candidates with the skills and knowledge to establish business networks, establish legal and risk management requirements in small business, address customer needs, plan small business finance, report financial activity, market small business, undertake small business planning, undertake project work, and monitor and manage small business operations.
- VSN (Victoria only)
- Student USI
- Mac OSX v10.5 or higher (Mac OSX v10.6 recommended)
- 1 Ghz or faster processer (2GHz recommended)
You will need access to a computer with Webcam and the internet and have basic computing skills. Minimum specifications for your computer are:
- Google Chrome windows browser is a must
- Microsoft Office 2010 or equivalent
- Broadband internet connection
- 2GB of RAM
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- Adobe Reader XI or equivalent
- Adobe Flash Player 10 or higher.
- Access to printer and associated software
- Access to scanner and associated software
- Digital imaging software
- File compression software.
- Microsoft Windows 7 or higher (Windows 8 recommended)
- 1 Ghz or faster processor (2GHz recommended)
Mac OS users:
- Equipment:You will need access to a digital video recording device and/or a digital camera and associated software to save and upload video, audio and image files to OpenSpace. Many mobile phones and smart phones include this technology.You will also need access to software to view online videos and images. Software such as Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer etc are available as a download from the internet. Some assessments include a component for students to record a video. The requirements for these videos vary, depending on the assessment. If you are unable to conduct these in the workplace, if this is a requirement of the assessment, you have the option of engaging with friends, family and other students to record this via other means, such as Skype.
Online component: self paced (Maximum 24 months).
$1,999 per candidate.
Our support staff are available to students and potential students who require support.
- Multiple choice and short answer assessment questions.
- Report writing and planning.
The course covers in theory and practice:
BSBREL401 Establish networks.
- Develop and maintain business networks.
- Establish and maintain business relationships.
- Promote the relationship.
BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business.
- Identify and implement business legal documents.
- Comply with legislation codes and regulatory requirements.
- Negotiate and arrange contracts.
BSBCUS401 Coordinate implementation of customer services strategies.
- Advise on customer service needs.
- Support implementation of customer service strategies.
- Evaluate and report on customer service.
BSBCUS402 Address customer needs.
- Assist customers to articulate needs.
- Satisfy customers’ complex needs.
- Manage networks to ensure customer needs are addressed.
BSBSMB402 Plan small business finance.
- Identify costs, calculate prices and prepare profit statement.
- Develop a financial plan.
- Acquire finance.
BSBFIA402 Report on financial activity.
- Compile financial information and data.
- Prepare statutory requirement reports.
- Provide financial business recommendations.
BSBSMB403 Market the small business.
- Develop marketing strategies.
- Determine a marketing mix for the business.
- Implement marketing strategies.
- Monitor and improve marketing performance.
BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- Identify elements of the business plan.
- Develop a business plan.
- Develop strategies for minimising risks.
BSBPMG522 Undertake project work.
- Define project.
- Develop project plan.
- Administer and monitor project.
- Finalise project.
- Review project.
BSBSMB405 Monitor and manage small business operations.
- Develop operational strategies and procedures
- Implement operational strategies and procedures.
- Monitor business performance.
- Maintain networks.
- Review business operations.
Begin the enrollment process by clicking on the Enrol Now button below.