SHBBCOS008 – Provide 3D nipple areola complex tattooing
This unit describes the outcomes required to prepare for, design and perform the appropriate areola tattooing required to meet client requirements following breast surgery, breast removal or breast reconstructive surgery.
It requires the ability to assess the client’s requirements, assess a client’s suitability for procedure, advise the client of what can be expected as an outcome and the best treatment options, prepare equipment for procedure, perform procedure and provide adequate post-treatment care and advice.
This unit applies to cosmetic tattooists who work in salons or clinics where cosmetic tattoos are provided on face or body.
The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State or Territory legislation, Australian standards and industry codes of practice.
Nationally Recognised Code & Title
SHBBCOS008 Provide 3D nipple areola complex tattooing
• SHBBINF002 – Maintaining infection control standards
• HLTINF005 – Maintain infection prevention for skin penetration treatments
• SHBBCOS001 – Provide cosmetic tattooing consultations.
• SHBBCOS002 – Apply knowledge of colour theory and pigmentology to cosmetic tattooing
• SHBBCOS003 – Incorporate elements and principles of design to cosmetic tattooing
• SHBBSSC004 – Identify the function and structure of skin and hair for cosmetic tattooing
• Basic Language, literacy and numeracy skills in English (LLN)
• Victorian Student Number (VSN) – Victoria only:
• Unique Student Identifier (USI) – Australia wide:
• Access to a functional pc or tablet device with video recording capabilities, internet access and Chrome internet browser.
Blended online and in person training
5 full days of face to face in a classroom and clinical environment, plus online theory at your own pace.
$6500 per candidate.
Our support staff are available to students and potential students who require support during office hours via email or phone.
Demonstrate knowledge required to complete the tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit. Refer to training.gov for more specific examples on assessments and tasks.
Video footage of demonstration is acceptable.
• Set up treatment area and equipment and prepare client.
• Perform 3D nipple areola complex cosmetic tattooing.
• Review treatment.
• Advise client on aftercare.
• Clean treatment area.
Contact our office regards to training in your state
Downloadable Info Sheet
Click here to download.
How to Enrol
Begin the enrollment process by clicking on the Enrol Now button below.