This course provides learners with the opportunity to get behind a bar and experience first hand what it’s like to set up, operate and pack up a bar. Learn in a fun, relaxed environment under the watchful eye of expert trainers who are experienced in the Hospitality Industry.
Once successfully completed, learners will be issued with a certificate of completion for Bar Skills. Certificates are emailed to students however hard copy is available for additional fee.
This is not a nationally recognised unit.
- All students must be 18 years old on the day to participate in this course
- If you want to work in the Hospitality Industry pouring alcoholic beverages, consider getting your RSA certificate too.
- This course combines plain English and questioning to ensure all learners are able to have the best possible chance at comprehending the required knowledge and skills. If you believe you will need assistance due to your Language, Literacy or Numeracy skills, please contact our office on 1300 552 044 to discuss your training needs.
- Face to face.
Face to face: 4 hours.
$99 per candidate.
Our support staff are available to students and potential students who require support.
All students are required to arrive 30min before the course start time for registration and ID check. Any student who is more than 10min late will not be accepted into the course.
At the beginning of the Bar Skills program, all students will be introduced to the basics around the bar, they will be provided with information about glasses, equipment used in a bar and then progress into getting hands on. Students will learn how to pour tap beers, open and present wine to customers, pour shots, mix drinks, prepare consumables for the bar and use ice wells.
This course is delivered over one four (4) hour session.
The course takes place on Wednesdays and Thursdays every month and we run our courses with small groups so you get the maximum time possible to work on learning, and more importantly, practicing your new bar skills.
Students must bring:
- Photo identification (licence or a passport)
- Pen and paper to make notes and complete assessment activities
- Comfortable clothing for working in and around a bar.
There are 2 components to this program:
- Theory bar training
- Practical bar skills training
This program is available for onsite group bookings if you have the facilities available for us to run the program. If you would like to find out more about this, please contact our team.
Contact our office regards to training in your state.
Begin the enrolment process by clicking on the Enrol Now button below.