SIRXOSM003 Use Social Media and Online Tools
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to implement the use of social media and online platforms for organisational purposes. It requires the ability to identify the objectives for online communications, create and post relevant content to promote engagement with the organisation, and to engage professionally with customers.
It applies to individuals who work at an operational level. They use discretion and judgement to take responsibility for work outcomes but actions are guided by plans, policies and procedures, supervisors and managers. Although an operational function, it can apply to small business owner operators who are responsible for a range of functions.
This unit applies to self-employed individuals, and owners and employees of any type of micro, small, medium or large organisation that utilises social media and online tools for customer engagement including commercial, not-for-profit and government organisations.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
Nationally Recognised Code & Title
SIRXOSM003 Use Social Media and Online Tools.
- Basic Language, literacy and numeracy skills in English (LLN)
- Victorian Student Number (VSN) – Victoria only:
- VSNs are issued to all students enrolled in Victorian schools and to students enrolled at a TAFE or in an accredited course with an RTO. For a copy of your VSN please contact your current school 0r call 1800 822 635.
- Unique Student Identifier (USI) – Australia wide:
- A USI is a reference number made up of numbers and letters. It creates a secure online record of your nationally recognised training that you can access anytime and anywhere, and it’s yours for life. To receive a Statement of Attainment when completing your course, you will need to give us a copy your USI number. Creating a USI is free. To obtain this USI if you don’t already have one please follow the link below: http://www.usi.gov.au
- Access to a functional pc or tablet device with video recording capabilities, internet access and Chrome internet
- Access to an Autoclave and studio cleaning room. If this is not available, you may arrange to attend one of our training venues for access to our
Course Delivery Method
This unit is completed by self-paced work online. The nominal hours for the course are 75hrs
Online access remains live for 3 months. Any additional extension will incur an Administration Fee of $250.
$799 per candidate.
Our support staff are available to students and potential students who require support.
Evidence of the ability to complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit in the context of the job role, and:
- utilise three different types of social media or online platforms for organisational communications
- create and post content for six different communications and collectively use at least three different types of media files
- create and post content for a further two communications for a targeted social media or online campaign and determine links that could be used to external sites
- monitor customer engagement with posts and respond professionally to customer communications covering:
- two positive comments
- two negative comments
- two questions
- two complaints
- respond to two issues of complaint or negativity that require escalation to relevant personnel.
The course covers the theory and practice associated with:
- Determine organisational and communication requirements.
- Prepare content for social media
- Utilise platform functions.
- Promote engagement with organisation.
- Monitor sites and engage professionally with customers.
Contact our office regards to training in your state.
Downloadable Info Sheet
Click here to download.
How to Enrol
Begin the enrollment process by clicking on the Enrol Now button below.